The Subdigitals, originally known as the Subsonics, are a band that makes a few appearances in Code Lyoko, though their music is very constant in the show.
Their song, Break Away, was the closing theme for the episodes from Seasons 2-4. Break Away was also heard in some episodes, such as A Great Day, Mister Pück, Saint Valentine's Day, The Chips Are Down, Cold War, Lyoko Minus One, Music to Soothe the Savage Beast, and Fight to the Finish.
The Subdigitals also created a soundtrack for the series, that included several of their "hit singles", one being A World Without Danger/Un Monde Sans Danger, which is the main opening for the series from Season 1 until the end of Season 4.
List of Songs
A list of their songs, released on the CD Code Lyoko Featuring Subdigitals, are as follows:
- Planet Net
- Angel of Mine
- School Is Out
- Virtual World
- Time to Cry
- Secret Life
- Surfing in Cyberspace
- Mother Earth
- Get Away
- World with my Eyes
- Break Away
Subdigitals are often mentioned many times throughout Seasons 2-3. They were known as the Subsonics at that time.
The Subdigitals appear in Crash Course, where they judge the finalists. Later, they decide Aelita should be the opening act and thus, the winner.
In Music to Soothe the Savage Beast, after the opening act performed by Aelita, they start their concert.
- Chris Morales - The drummer. First appearance, Opening Act, when he visits his uncle Jim, at Kadic while looking for an opening act for the band's next concert.
- Ben - The bass guitarist. First appearance: Crash Course.
- Nico - The lead singer and guitarist. First appearance: Crash Course.
- Sophie - The band's manager. First appearance: Crash Course. She also appeared in Music to Soothe the Savage Beast, where she was possessed by X.A.N.A.. She was voiced by Mirabelle Kirkland.
- According to Chris, the record label forced them to change their name from the Subsonics to the Subdigitals.
- The members of the Subdigitals, as well as their manager Sophie, are based on key members in the production team of Code Lyoko:
- Chris is based on Christophe di Sabatino, a producer.
- Ben or Benoit is based on Benoît di Sabatino, another producer.
- Nic or Nico is based on Nicolas Atlan, also a producer.
- Sophie is probably based on Sophie Decroisette, the writing director for the first three seasons.
- Furthermore, Chris, Nico, and Ben all look like their producer counterparts.
- Sophie was voiced by Mirabelle Kirkland in the English dub.
- The Subdigitals appear in the comic Yumi, Subdigitals Groupie, where they hold auditions to find a dancer to be in their next video clip.
- An image of the Subdigitals in cartoon form make an appearance on Aelita's social networking profile page in the Code Lyoko Evolution episode The Trap.
|Jeremie Belpois | Aelita Schaeffer | Odd Della Robbia | Yumi Ishiyama | Ulrich Stern | William Dunbar|
|Sissi | Jim Morales | Suzanne Hertz | Anthea Schaeffer | Mr. Delmas | Laura Gauthier | Franz Hopper|
|Kiwi | Herb Pichon | Nicholas Poliakoff | Amelia "Milly" Solovieff | Tamiya Diop | Hiroki Ishiyama | Johnny | Takeo and Akiko Ishiyama|
|X.A.N.A. | Monsters|
|Professor Tyron | Ninjas | X.A.N.A. William|
|Jean-Baptiste Pujol | Theo Gauthier | Emily LeDuc | Taelia | Samantha Knight | Samantha Suarez | Heidi Klinger | Mathias Burrel | Magali de Vasseur | Claire Girard | Brynja Heringsdötir | Patrick Belpois | Romain Le Goff|
|X.A.N.A. Aelita | X.A.N.A. Odd | X.A.N.A. Yumi | X.A.N.A. Ulrich | X.A.N.A. Franz Hopper | X.A.N.A. Anthea Schaeffer | Jeremie Clone | Aelita Clone | William Clone | Subdigitals|