Lyoko Conquerors is a project meant to fill the void between seasons 3 and 4 of Code Lyoko. It revolves around the struggle of William, right after being caught by Xana, and how it has been put into competition between clones of himself, a test that Xana put in place to create the ultimate warrior. It’s the third big Code Lyoko fanproject created by Immudelki, along with the IFSCL and Lyoko Wanderers.
The pitch revolves around X.A.N.A., experimenting on his Replikas to calculate ways to retaliate on Lyoko. The project starts right after the events of Final Round. X.A.N.A. splits its new recruit, William, into slightly different copies of himself, to experiment and keep the one that will survive.
A (Blue) William is put into competition against other fragments of himself (Green, Purple, Yellow etc.), exploring Replikas, recruiting monsters, fighting, and creating a relationship with a very particular Kankrelat called Kawabata.
Note that this project isn't meant to be about the Lyoko Warriors; Immudelki considers that his IFSCL game fills the void for a project where you are able to play Jeremie, and that the official games are already there to be about the Lyoko Warriors.
The project: A Game or A Movie
The first prototypes development began in mid 2016 and they have been published a few months after.
Along its development, the game has been successively subtitled 'The Replika Experiments', 'The Online Wars' and 'William Uprising'.
This project has seen multiples forms along the years. His last 'game' form was a hack’n’slash / action rpg type of game. But as Immu is also working on his IFSCL, Lyoko Conquerors might end up becoming ‘only’ a full length movie.
NOTE: All this images are WIP (Work In Progress) so nothing should be considered as final
- The synopsis of the game is meant to explain what X.A.N.A. might have been doing on its side after the the third season finale, hence the original subtitle 'The Replika Experiments', which later became 'The Online Wars' to finally be completely removed to avoid the issue that Immudelki had on his other fangame, the IFSCL, which was hard to stubble upon with its name.
- The game personifies X.A.N.A.'s monsters much more than the actual show, though their intelligence and personality seems highly variable depending on the original episodes.
Old RTS prototype (Legacy - Before 2018)
Old RTS Gameplay (Legacy)
- Like many RTS, you can create units and do research to improve or develop technologies. But following Lyoko’s art style, there’s no base building.
- Three new tower designs are introduced to counterbalance the lack of buildings: research tower, experimentation tower and domination tower. The classic design is called ‘production tower’.
- Victory conditions: All towers must be activated in order to win the game. Or, at least, all the ones from the opponent must be deactivated.
- Two main resources are available: Data and Energy. Energy comes with any activated tower, it’s used to create monsters but slowly comes back when the monster is destroyed. Unlike Energy, Data is a collectable ressource, and is gathered in various ways: activating a tower (that you never activated previously), killing enemies, and finding crates.
Other Immu games: