Kiwi is the pet dog of Odd, who lives in the student's bottom dresser drawer where he has a bed, food and water.
Even though pets are forbidden at Kadic, most of the other students don't mind and actually pet the dog on occasion. The only ones to ever threaten Odd for breaking this rule are Jim, Sissi, and X.A.N.A..
Kiwi does not appear in Code Lyoko Evolution. It was stated in Obstinacy that Kiwi was sent to live with Odd's sisters (but outside of canon, it is likely that the creators simply didn't want to deal with a dog on set).
Kiwi lives in the room of Odd and Ulrich, in the bottom dresser, which Sissi once shut Kiwi inside of after the dog had humiliated her. Odd takes him out for walks in a couple of episodes. He also was taken in by Yumi's family in a couple of episodes, most notably in A Space Oddity.
Kiwi has grayish fur and a long, crooked snout. Kiwi is of an unclear breed, but might be either a miniature bull terrier or a chihuahua.
- Kiwi's skeleton is seen when Odd is trying to smuggle his dog through airport security, claiming it was a science project, even though it was obviously moving.
- In several scenes and episodes, it is clear that Kiwi is not neutered.
- Kiwi hates the noise of vacuum cleaners.
- He's afraid of Kiwi 2, his robotic counterpart created by Jeremie.
- Kiwi urinates in inconvenient places if not walked.
- Kiwi can recognize faces, like most dogs.
Relationship with Odd
- Odd is quite fond of Kiwi. He frequently draws pictures of him (actually of him peeing) in class when he should be paying attention. Odd has a picture of Kiwi on his pajamas and on his Lyoko outfit.
- It is revealed in A Space Oddity that Odd feeds Kiwi steamed vegetables and prevents Kiwi from eating potato chips and mustard since he can't digest them, as well as no mustard because it gives him gas. Yumi mixed these instructions up, to little effect.
- Despite being left alone many times and even being tossed around a couple of times, Kiwi is very loyal to Odd.
- Odd tends to call him "my little diggity-dog".
Relationship with others
- People sometimes make fun of Kiwi, saying he is dumb (even though he is quite smart). Odd always stands up for Kiwi.
- In A Space Oddity, the Ishiyama family calls him "lychee". The name was first given to him by Hiroki.
- As seen in Big Bug and Exploration, he is quite fond of Sissi. The feeling is not mutual on the spoiled girl's part, although in the case of the latter episode she treats him nicely so that he can help her father and Jim expose Odd and the others' secret.
- Jim doesn't like Kiwi when they encounter one another, calling him a "flea-bitten mangy mutt".
- Apart from Odd, Kiwi appears to have a positive relationship with the other Lyoko Warriors, though he has gotten on their nerves from time to time, most notably in Canine Conundrum, where they were all mad at Kiwi for either destroying or misplacing their belongings.
- In X.A.N.A. Awakens, Part 1, Ulrich steals Kiwi to be Jeremie's "guinea pig" to test the scanners. Odd is then virtualized for the first time when he goes into the scanner to get Kiwi but Kiwi jumps out right before the scanner closes.
- Kiwi is sometimes used to track people by scent. When all mobile phones confiscated in Satellite, Kiwi served as a messenger, holding a note in his collar.
- In Just in Time, Kiwi's ability to hear ultrasounds allowed him to predict the earthquakes.
- Kiwi often assists Odd in his pranks, such as in Claustrophobia, when he dressed up as a ghost to scare Theo, Herb, and Nicholas out of the Science Building.
- When Jeremie was tied up in his dorm room by a Xanafied Jim in Final Mix, he called to Kiwi and eventually managed to send him off to find Odd. Despite Jeremie's privately expressed doubt in Kiwi's ability to follow through, he was able to locate Odd, Yumi, and Ulrich in the gym and guide them back to the dorm room.
- In Attack of the Zombies, Kiwi is possessed by X.A.N.A., to bite people to change them into zombies.
- Odd planned on virtualizing Kiwi in Dog Day Afternoon. However, Odd placed him under his hoodie while they were in the scanner, which caused both of them to be merged together and the more time that passed afterwards, the more Odd behaved like Kiwi. A specialized materialization program was needed to fix this. It remains unknown how this affected Kiwi.
Kiwi's name comes from the fruit of the same name, hinting that Odd might have a liking for them (and befitting his general liking of food). Kiwi is also the name of flightless birds that inhabit New Zealand.
- He was usually voiced by Mirabelle Kirkland, though Barbara Weber-Scaff voiced him once in the English dub.
- Barbara Weber-Scaff has commented that Kiwi is one of her favorite characters because she has always wanted a dog like Kiwi.
- Kiwi was actually caught a few times, which was usually fixed by the Return to the Past. This happened in Big Bug, Satellite, and The Lake, to name a few cases.
|Jeremie Belpois | Aelita Schaeffer | Odd Della Robbia | Yumi Ishiyama | Ulrich Stern | William Dunbar|
|Sissi | Jim Morales | Suzanne Hertz | Anthea Schaeffer | Mr. Delmas | Laura Gauthier | Franz Hopper|
|Kiwi | Herb Pichon | Nicholas Poliakoff | Amelia "Milly" Solovieff | Tamiya Diop | Hiroki Ishiyama | Johnny | Takeo and Akiko Ishiyama|
|X.A.N.A. | Monsters|
|Professor Tyron | Ninjas | X.A.N.A. William|
|Jean-Baptiste Pujol | Theo Gauthier | Emily LeDuc | Taelia | Samantha Knight | Samantha Suarez | Heidi Klinger | Mathias Burrel | Magali de Vasseur | Claire Girard | Brynja Heringsdötir | Patrick Belpois | Romain Le Goff|
|X.A.N.A. Aelita | X.A.N.A. Odd | X.A.N.A. Yumi | X.A.N.A. Ulrich | X.A.N.A. Franz Hopper | X.A.N.A. Anthea Schaeffer | Jeremie Clone | Aelita Clone | William Clone | Subdigitals|