The Ice Sector is one of four surface sectors of Lyoko. It is sometimes referred to as the Polar Region/Glacier Region in Season 1 because it is covered in ice, or Sector 1 (as referred to in Mister Pück and Saint Valentine's Day). Like the Desert Sector, it also has virtual weather, as pointed out by Odd in The Girl of the Dreams.
The Ice Sector is made up of two major parts. The first part is the surface, composed of glaciers connected by narrow paths and large lakes of icy water. Monsters cannot swim, so the icy waters will destroy them if they fall into it. Most of the towers are based on the surface. The second part of the sector is below the surface; tunnels connect the two areas. The Lyoko Warriors often have to surf down these tunnels to get to an activated tower.
The Ice Sector is home to all kinds of monsters, such as Bloks, Hornets, and Mantas. Due to its difficult range of reachable locations, X.A.N.A. placed his simulation bubbles in this sector in the episodes Ghost Channel and Distant Memory.
In Sabotage, X.A.N.A. activated a tower in the Ice Sector that was too well-guarded for our heroes to reach, and they were running out of time, so Aelita deleted the Ice Sector at her own will, destroying the activated tower in the process.
In Season 1, this Sector was used to have a strange light source that was always lighting and shadowing the Lyoko Warriors' faces. It is most likely that it was Sector Five's shining outer shell, but it is unknown why the light was taken away in Season 2.
Between shutting down the Supercomputer in the Season 4 finale and the unspecified rebirth of X.A.N.A., the Ice Sector was lost along with the Forest Sector, due to its data being lost for a long period of time. It has not been confirmed whether Jeremie will restore it or not.
- X.A.N.A. Awakens (debut)
- Image Problem
- End of Take
- Ghost Channel
- False Start
- New Order
- Mister Pück
- Saint Valentine's Day
- Common Interest
- A Fine Mess
- Cold War
- Is Anybody Out There?
- Franz Hopper
- The Key
- Crash Course
- The Lake
- Dog Day Afternoon
- Distant Memory
- Guided Missile
- Kadic Bombshell
- Fight to the Finish
- Echoes (flashbacks)
In Order of Appearance
Most of the Ice Sector is large and vast ice glaciers and plateaus of which are blue in color. There are many icebergs and icy rock formations throughout the sector. Many plateaus are connected with each other via narrow bridges. Unlike the Desert Sector, there aren’t many visible Lyoko Wires but the Towers can be seen very easily on the vast plateaus.
The Ice Sector contains many icebergs and icy rocks throughout the whole sector. However, they are not as many as in the Mountain Sector. Some of those icebergs contain caves which almost always contain the tower whereas others lead up to the top of the iceberg or others serves as the entrances to the ice tunnels. Sometimes there are also ice bridges which connect two icebergs next to each other.
The tunnels in the Ice Sector are very slippery and thanks to that they are often a very fast way to travel between two glaciers. However, unlike those in the Desert Sector, only small monsters are able to get into them such as the Kankrelats (as trio of them were chasing Aelita in Ultimatum) or the Hornets.
This sector has the largest amount of the water from all four surface sectors, so the lakes are very common phenomenon in this sector. The ground in the area with the lakes is very fragile so if the ground receives enough damage it will crack and small floes will float on the water like in Temptation. Also, there are bridges above some of those lakes to get onto the other side of the plateau.
The Ice Sector has many caves hidden inside the rather big icebergs. The entrances to can sometimes be hidden either behind the waterfalls like in Satellite or Vertigo or on the top of the iceberg like in Ultimatum. Most of the ice caves contain the tower or are full of water – especially those with the waterfalls near the entrance.
Icy Rock Formations
There are many rock formations found in the whole sector which differ from each other by height, type and so on. Like other elements in the Ice Sector, they are mostly decorative, but they can be also used as the cover or hiding places.
- This was the only sector Jeremie was ever shown to visit. In Ghost Channel, Jeremie was virtualized into the simulation bubble that was inside this sector. It's implied he visited another in the episode Mister Pück, but this wasn't shown.
- This was the first sector Mantas were shown outside of Sector Five.
- This was the only sector that the Kolossus appeared in, as well as its Replika.
- This was the first sector Yumi was virtualized into chronological-wise in X.A.N.A. Awakens, Part 2.
- Chronologically, this was the first sector where Aelita used her Creativity for the first time.
- This was the only Sector in which X.A.N.A. had created two towers next to one another.
- This was the only sector in Season 3 that X.A.N.A. did not delete with Code: X.A.N.A..
- This was the third ecological sector to be deleted in Sabotage. However, unlike the deletion of the Forest, Desert, and Mountain's data, the Ice Sector was wiped out willingly by Aelita herself, who had then sent its virtual energy to Jeremie, so that he could fully reboot and re-energize the supercomputer.
- In X.A.N.A. Awakens, the Ice Sector had the first tower X.A.N.A. activated chronologically on screen.
- The Ice Sector has virtual water which is not part of the Digital Sea and can be swum in. Odd did this in Vertigo.
- The Ice Sector was the only sector where the Kolossus was destroyed.
|Ice Sector | Desert Sector | Forest Sector | Mountain Sector | Carthage|
|Ice Replika | Desert Replika | Forest Replika | Mountain Replika | Volcano Replika | Carthage Replika|
|Other Virtual Worlds|
|Digital Sea | Cortex | Virtual Limbo | Simulation Bubble|
|Dormitory Building | Administrative Building | Cafeteria | Gym | Track | Park | Hermitage | Science Building | Playground | Garden Shed | Infirmary | Boiler Room|
|Union Base | New Mexico Research Facility | Space Station | Jungle Research Facility|
|Renault Auto Factory|
|Factory Floor | Factory Lift | Lab | Scanner Room | Supercomputer Room | Assembly Room | Security Center|
|Kadic Academy | The Sewer | The Factory | Ishiyama residence | The Pool|