We live in a time of reboots. Some good such as Voltron and DuckTales, some bad such as Teen Titans Go! and PowerPuff Girls
So, what if Code Lyoko had a reboot of the original series? Earth can be digitally animated while Lyoko can not only be revised but also have latest 3D rendering software available for most animating studios?
What I'd like to see:
- Past story arcs revised and retold. Such as Aelita's materialization program, Franz Hopper, Skidbladnir and Replika story arc and so on.
- WIlliam lasting more than a day as a Lyoko Warrior before being XANAs (and the writers) tool. Whats the point of giving him Mary Sue privileges throughout the season if he's purposely going to fail an hour after getting virtualized?
- If Jeremie is going to redesign the avatars, less body-suits. I know it's suppose to make them more sci-fi'ish but defeats the individual samurai, cat, geisha and elf theme each character has if they all wear body-suits.
- Lyoko's geography being revised, making them less like suspended islands over an ocean and more like the environments they're based off. (Such as the Desert Sector actually having a vast, near-endless desert for a change.) As well as not ditching Ice and Forest Sectors. The fact Lyoko is rendered in CGI makes them look virtual enough than to look all sci-fi.
- Project Carthage to be revised to include such things such as who were these guys, how Project Carthage was developed and even how Lowell Tyron was involved (than just be conveniantly absent) It would of made more sense if Tyrone became more aware of the Lyoko's activity as early as early a sseason 4 after XANA goes online, and surely Aelita would be just as curious of her mothers fate than just her fathers.
The cool thing about working with a reboot is that the show can be revised, that plotholes and concepts introduced at later dates can be patched up and planned in the long run more efficiently.