As most of you know, we have several embedded Twitter feeds in some of our pages. I made most of these. Anyone who has read our wiki's rules knows that all outbound links must use https whenever possible. To put it bluntly, I fucked up.
I recently discovered that the automated twitter feeds were using insecure http. This was preventable. The default code that Twitter auto-generates chooses http or https based on the page in question. This can be modified to use one exclusively. However, I did not evaluate the code, and as a result, all of our embedded Twitter feeds have been using plain unauthenticated transmission. This is an unacceptable violation of our security policies.
I have patched the problem recently, and purged all the associated caches. All of our Twitter feeds are now using https exclusively. However, this is only part of the problem. I violated our security policy in a preventable way. This is inexcusable. I have patched the problem, but I know I violated the trust of our users. With that in mind, I ask this:
Note that if I am asked to step down, I will. User:Josep Maria Roca Peña is next in line to be a temporary head crat if this happens. Please vote in this.